Monday, September 24, 2012

The Power of Commitment


One doesn’t experience commitment until you enter a room filled with businesswomen whose goal is to learn, network, and uplift each other.  That is the type of commitment I experienced this past Thursday at the Women’s Leadership Exchange held in Atlanta.  The program offered a variety of tools to establish and maintain your own business.  I learned so much as I walked away more stoked than ever to move forward with my entrepreneurial goals.  The taste, the smell, and the vision of freedom are just a few days, few hours away.  I can feel it as the power of commitment rises within me.
Andrea March, one of the co-founders, should be applauded for starting this network supporting women entrepreneurs.   This organization not only helps businesswomen connect with businesswomen, its philosophy is to help us expand that connection by helping each other.  We were encouraged to network to find three people who could help us and three people that we could help.  What a dynamic ‘Pay It Forward’ model.  Along with Andrea, we were introduced to an award-winning entrepreneur and journalist who happens to be the CEO of SBTV.com and who shared three growth secrets we wouldn’t learn in business school.  I won’t tell; you have to visit her website.  But, believe me, I took as many notes as I could and found her information to be very insightful.

All of the speakers were great, including guests who were there to receive very special awards.  These Women’s Leadership Exchange awards were bestowed upon some very accomplished women.  Their stories inspired me to never, ever think of giving up on my dreams.  And, I won’t.  I am putting everything I learned last week to use already, especially the information about branding and social media.  That is why I find this type of networking so valuable.  If you are like me and in the process of building a business, keep an eye out for this conference in your city.  It’s worth it.  However, if you are like me and have limited funding with big ideas, don’t let it deter you.  Find three people that can help you and find three people you can help.  Businesses aren’t really built alone.  There are resources available.  All you need is the power of commitment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment