Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lather, Rinse, Repeat! Make the Right Choices for You!


I
was in a business meeting, a teleconference call actually, describing the operations of my department as we were developing a database to fit my needs.  Needless, to say some of the operations were repetitive, so I said jokingly, lather, rinse, repeat.  We laughed and as we continued the conversation whenever the repetitive steps were discussed we merely laughed again and said, lather, rinse, repeat.  Well, days later as I read the report, lo and behold, inserted in this report was lather, rinse, repeat.  The phrase had stuck.  It is a common phrase seen on shampoo bottles around the world, but it took on its own meaning when I saw it embedded in the report to lather, rinse, and repeat. 
I started thinking about all the things lather, rinse, and repeat could mean, and it hit me.  One of my goals was to share with teens, young adults, and adults that the choice is theirs to succeed or fail.  I was already making notes for a book and had created a PowerPoint presentation for an opportune speaking engagement, so I went back to learn more (lather), assess what I was learning (rinse), and repeat (put my choices to the test using what I have learned).  I hope you get the message as I lather, rinse, and repeat in this blog to assist you in making the right choices to succeed or fail.  If I can take this simple phrase and help you to remember that the everyday choices you make will take you where you want to go or where you don’t want to go.  After all, it is all about choices.  Now let’s all succeed.









To engage Dilsa Saunders Bailey, author of Dreams Thrown Away and soon to be released LATHER, RINSE, REPEAT as a speaker, send an email to dilsa@simplydilsa.com.  Read an excerpt of Dreams Thrown Away at http://www.dilsasaundersbailey.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment