Sunday, February 26, 2012

"It is the Mind That Makes the Body"

"It is the mind that makes the body."  Sojourner Truth uttered those words over a century ago.  They were words of truth then and have been words of truth throughout history.  I am constantly reminding myself to treat me better, but I get so busy.  I allow my mind to get focused on work, on obligations, on everything other than treating my body like the treasured temple it is. 

Part of my busyness includes authoring a non-fiction book called "Lather Rinse Repeat, Three Steps to Success" which is an analogy for learning, assessing, and doing based on the learning and assessing.  The Lather and the Rinse is supposed to help you set goals, make good decisions, and do better because you know better.   It is about bringing together knowledge and experience to give you a leg up. 

Problem is, I have been so busy in the telling of stories, including my corporate job, my two romantic suspense novels, and the third novel in queue that I haven't been focusing on the practice of Lather Rinse Repeat (LRR).  In my case, LRR should mean I am putting to use the knowledge I have gained to eat right and exercise daily.  But, here I sit so focused on the words flowing into this blog that I am not moving.  And this morning, I had my bacon, eggs, and biscuit.  We don't want to go there on the downside of that breakfast.  So what have I learned that I feel I can share with others in LRR?  I have learned to never stop learning, and that I do know better, and that I am getting better.  And, the one mantra I need to keep in mind while accomplishing all of these things is that "it is the mind that makes the body." 

I will keep you posted on how well that works for me.

Dilsa Saunders Bailey is the author of the searing hot suspense series, The Sperling Chronicles.


No comments:

Post a Comment